This visa helps employers fill vacancies where there are no suitable Australian citizens or permanent residents for the role. It is available to qualifying businesses across South Australia, including Adelaide and regional areas.
Who you can sponsor:
- Skilled migrants living overseas
- Temporary residents currently working in South Australia.
Regional Certifying Body Assessment
The Department of Home Affairs require Regional Certifying Body advice for employer nomination applications for this visa. Skilled & Business Migration is the Regional Certifying Body for South Australia.
Regional Certifying Body Role
The role of a Regional Certifying Body (RCB) is to provide advice to the Department of Home Affairs on SESR nomination applications for the Employer Sponsored stream. Employer nominations must always be considered by an RCB located in the same state where the nominated position exists.
If you are a local business seeking to sponsor a migrant on this visa, you must lodge an application with Skilled & Business Migration for Regional Certifying Body advice. Please see the RCB advice requirements for more details.
Who can apply for this visa?
For an employer to be eligible to nominate a position under this visa, they must meet all criteria set by Department of Home Affairs, but is suitable for local South Australian businesses where:
- The business has a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
- The business has undertaken labour market testing and has been unable to fill the position locally
- The position is full-time, skilled and likely to last for at least five years.
For a full list of criteria, please see the Department of Home Affairs website.