- Please read the application terms and conditions before submitting a state nomination application
- Documents in this checklist must be provided with your application submission. Any documentation provided after submission (unless requested by Skilled & Business Migration) will not be accepted
- Only upload one copy of each document in an acceptable document format and size
- If you do not include a mandatory document(s), your application could be refused without any clarification being sought
- Your uploaded documents must be scanned copies of the original documents and the Government of South Australia reserves the right to request hard copies of original documents at any time
- All documents must be in English or translated into English by a qualified translator
- You should only upload documents required for your application. Non-essential documents may delay processing
General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications
If you are submitting a GSM application, under one of the available nomination streams, you will need to provide the following supporting documents.
- A copy of the biographical details page of your current valid passport. This page must include your photograph, name, date of birth and passport number. This document is also required for your partner if you are including them in your application.
- A copy of your visa approval letter from Home Affairs (if you are in Australia)
A positive and valid skills assessment, assessed by the relevant skills assessing authority for your nominated occupation. All pages of the skills assessment must be uploaded.
NOTE: For Medical Practitioners, General Practitioners and Resident Medical Officers, you can provide evidence of your current full registration from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA) instead of a skills assessment. For Solicitors, a skills assessment from Law Society of South Australia, or Admission certificate from the Supreme Court of South Australia is required. If you hold admission from another stage or territory, please provide your current admission to practice interstate and the evidence that you have applied to the Supreme Court of South Australia for recognition of your right to practice in the other jurisdiction and admission to the Supreme Court of South Australia.
A copy of your English language test certificate from one of the following providers:
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)*
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Occupational English Test (OET)*
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)*
- Test of English as a Foreign Language, internet based test (TOEFL iBT)
Your English language test results must be less than three years old at the time of nomination application decision.
If you are a citizen or passport holder of the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand, you do not need to provide an English language test result unless you are claiming English points on your SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI).
A graduation certificate and/or academic transcript for:
- any qualification used to meet State Nomination requirements to your nominated occupation
- any qualification(s) you are claiming points for in your SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI)
In addition to the above, for any qualification(s) completed in Australia, you will need to provide:
- A copy of your academic transcript or a letter from your Education Provider confirming course completion, duration of the course and campus
Qualifications achieved in-part, or solely through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), are generally not accepted. If a qualification with RPL is used in support of your application, it will be considered on a case-by-case basis and there is no guarantee of a positive nomination outcome.
You will need to provide the following supporting documentation as evidence of your work experience.
Letters from Employers
Letter(s) from current and previous employer(s)* confirming your:
- job title
- duties and tasks
- salary, number of hours worked per week
- employment duration and location
- letter(s) must be on approved company letterhead and dated and signed by the relevant manager or the human resources section
- the letter(s) must detail the name, position, email address and contact number of the relevant manager or the human resources section
- the letter(s) must detail any changes with your employment, such as working hours and position titles, occurred within the company.
If your letter does not contain this information listed above your work experience claims may not be assessed leading to refusal decision.
*If your Australian employer is sub-contracting you to another business in South Australia, you will also need to provide a letter from the contracting business (where you are physically located in South Australia), which includes all of the information above.
Upload your employment contract(s) from current and any other employers for the work experience period required for your occupation.
- Upload the last three months of payslips for your current South Australian, interstate, or overseas work experience (not as individual documents)
- Upload in date order as one pdf document per employer – not as individual payslip documents
- If working for two or more employers simultaneously, fill in the work experience proforma (excel document must be saved and submitted to us in PDF format)
If you are applying under the Offshore stream:
- Provide a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV)
If you are a 457, 482 or 494 visa holder with more than 12 months remaining on your visa:
- Provide a letter from your current employer consenting to your state nomination application
If you are a self-employed applicant or sub-contractor, provide:
- Summary of invoices issued by your business for the work experience period required for your occupation. Use Self Employment Work Experience Proforma.
Invoices (showing debtor, hours worked and rate of pay) in date order for the work experience period required for your occupation
- A copy of your individual Tax Return(s) to the Australian Tax Office (ATO)
- A Notice of Assessment (if available) issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for each year of self-employment
Skilled and Business Migration may seek a copy of the Annual Financial Report for your business.
You will need to provide:
- Bank statements in your name showing salary transactions and daily expenses for the work experience period required for your nominated occupation
- One of the following in your name:
- Current lease agreement(s) with proof of rental payments
- Utility bill for the past six months (for example, gas, electricity, water, or rates bill)
- Current Vehicle Registration
If you are submitting ROI application, you will need to provide:
- A Copy of your visa approval letter from Home Affairs
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A copy of your current employment contract
Please do not upload any other documents apart from the documents listed on this page unless specifically asked by Skilled and Business Migration.