Improve your employment prospects in South Australia by having your overseas qualifications assessed.
Our overseas qualifications assessments can be used for general employment purposes only – if your job doesn’t require registration, licensing, professional membership or other industry requirements.
- Assist employers and recruitment agents to understand the educational level of your overseas qualification comparable to the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- Help Human Resource practitioners seeking to determine your wage/award level.
- Assist you with your job search and career progression.
Application eligibility requirements
To be eligible you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Live or work in South Australia, and
- Be a citizen, permanent resident, or a temporary resident with work rights, and
- Have completed a higher education or technical/vocational education qualification overseas, and
- Complete an online application as per the terms and conditions listed on this website.
Qualifications we are unable to assess:
- Qualifications less than 1 semester or 6 months of full-time study
- Trade qualifications
- School qualifications
- Incomplete qualifications
- Single subjects
- Work experience
- English language skills
- Australian qualifications.
Before you apply
1. Determine the reason why you need an assessment. Assessments are for general employment purposes. You do not need an Overseas Qualification Recognition for the following reasons:
- Study credit. The assessment will not compare qualifications by subject, study area or competency standards. If you require an assessment for study purposes the institution concerned will be able to determine the academic status of the qualification for admission to a course of study at an Australian tertiary institution.
- Migration. Skills assessing authorities for migration are listed on the occupation page.
- Occupation registration or licensing. Professional and occupational standing of a qualification is a matter for the appropriate Australian professional body, registration or licensing authority to determine.
2. Ensure you carefully review the list of required documents and prepare your supporting documents using the Overseas Qualification Recognition Document Checklist.
How to apply
- Go to the Apply website and register your account. Please select registration type ‘Skilled Migrant’
- If you are already registered, login to your account and select to apply for an Overseas Qualification Recognition (listed under Services)
- Please complete all relevant details for your application.
- If you require multiple qualifications to be assessed, you can click 'Add' at the bottom of the form prior to continuing. Ensure each qualification has been added to the grid at the bottom of the page.
- Make a declaration on submitting the application
- Track your application online by visiting the Apply website
- Check processing times which will provide an indicative timeframe for processing of Overseas Qualification Recognition applications.
Factors impacting processing times are related to application volumes, peaks, complex assessments, the need for further documentation and applications which are referral to National Office Qualifications Recognition Policy for further assessment.
- An 'Overseas Qualification Recognition assessment advice' is an official document issued by the South Australian Government confirming the education level comparison of an overseas gained qualification to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). All assessment advice(s) are issued based on the Country Education Profiles (CEP’s) developed by the Department of Education and Training (DET).
- Urgent Requests. All requests to fast track applications must be made in writing and evidenced by one of the following:
- Letter from a South Australian employer requesting the education level comparison of your overseas gained qualification
- A written job offer from the employer on the employer’s letterhead
- Written evidence from a professional association or body requiring an assessment of an overseas gained qualification
- Written evidence from an organisation requiring an assessment of an overseas gained qualification for position selection or recruitment.
- Other extenuating circumstances, for example cannot provide qualification documents, please log in to the Immigration SA Apply website and select Submit Enquiry to provide details of your request or call 8303 2420 to discuss your situation.