The documentation required for your state nomination application will depend on your situation and the visa you are applying for. Please reference this checklist to determine what documents are required for your application.

This document checklist is relevant to Skilled Migrants and International Graduates of South Australia who are seeking state nomination for the following visas:

This list provides full details of the documentation required. Please use this checklist in conjunction with the nomination requirements to determine what documents are required for your specific application.

Important Information 

  • Please read the nomination requirements aligned to your chosen visa (link to Skilled Visas), and the application terms and conditions before submitting a state nomination application. 
  • Documents in this checklist must be provided, if required, with your application submission. Any documentation provided after submission (unless requested by Skilled & Business Migration) will not be accepted. 
  • Only upload one copy of each document in an acceptable document format and size.
  • If you do not include a mandatory document(s), your application could be refused without any clarification being sought.
  • Your uploaded documents must be colour scanned copies of the original documents.
  • All documents must be in English or translated into English by a qualified translator.
  • You should only upload documents required for your application. Non-essential documents may delay processing. Additional documentation is not required and may be deleted.

A copy of the biographical details page of your current valid passport. This page must include photograph, name, date of birth and passport number. 

This document is also required for your partner, if you are including them in your application.

You will require a positive and valid skills assessment, assessed by the relevant skills assessing authority for your nominated occupation. All pages of the skills assessment must be uploaded.

NOTE: For Medical PractitionersGeneral Practitioners and Resident Medical Officers, evidence of current full registration from AHPRA is accepted in lieu of a skills assessment.

You will require a copy of your English language test certificate from one of the following providers:

English language test results must be less than three years old at the time of nomination application decision.

Citizens and passport holders of the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand do not need to provide an English language test result, unless you are claiming English points on your EOI. 

*CAE, OET and PTE Academic test takers: You must give permission for Skilled & Business Migration to view your English test results online. If access has not been provided, your application will be refused. If you are claiming Partner Points in your SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI), your partner must also give permission to view their English test results.

To prove qualifications you will need a graduation certificate and/or academic transcript for:

  • any qualification relevant to your nominated occupation and;
  • any qualification(s) you are claiming points for in your EOI.

In addition to the above, for any qualification(s) completed in Australia:

  • An academic transcript or a letter from your Education Provider confirming course completion, duration of the course and campus.
  • If the applicant is claiming Specialist education qualification points, upload the copy of the academic transcript and/or graduation certificate for the Masters by Research or PhD from an Australian education provider.

You will require the following documentation for proof of work experience.

Letters from Employers

Letters from your employer(s) will need to cover:

  • the work experience period required for your nominated occupation [hyperlink to occupation list] and;
  • any work experience you are claiming points for in your SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI) and;
  • any Australian work experience 

Onshore and Offshore Work Experience

You will require letter(s) from current and previous employer(s)* confirming the following:

  • job title
  • duties and tasks
  • salary, number of hours worked per week
  • employment duration
  • letter(s) must be on approved company letterhead and dated and signed by the relevant manager or the human resources section. 
  • the letter(s) must detail the name, position, email address and contact number of the relevant manager or the human resources section.

*If your Australian employer is sub-contracting you to another business in South Australia (SA), you will also need to provide a letter from the contracting business (where you are physically located in SA) which includes all of the information above. 

Work experience documents listed below need to cover the South Australian work experience period required for your nominated occupation.

  • Payslips
    • Upload as one document for each employer (not as individual documents)
    • Upload all payslips in date order
    • If working for 2 or more employers simultaneously, fill in the work experience proforma (upload excel document for view/download).   
  • Bank statements
    • Upload as one document for each bank account (not as individual documents)
    • Upload all bank statements in date order 
    • Bank statements must show salary transactions and daily expenses for the work experience duration required for your nominated occupation.  
  • PAYG Payment Summary or Income Statement from myGov (if available)  
  • Notification of Assessment issued by the Australian Taxation Office (if available)  
  • If you are a 457, 482 or 494 visa holder with more than 12 months remaining on your visa: 
    • Provide a letter from your current employer consenting to your state nomination application.
  • If you are self-employed: 
    • Invoices (showing debtor, hours worked and rate of pay) in date order for the work experience period required for your occupation. 
    • A copy of your annual tax return 
    • A Notice of Assessment (if available) issued by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for each year of self-employment.
    • Bank statements for the business in date order for the work experience period required for your occupation.

If your are residing in South Australia, you will require:

  • Bank statements in your name showing salary transactions and daily expenses for the work experience period required for your nominated occupation

  • One of the following in your name:
    • Current Lease agreement(s) with proof of rental payments 
    • Utility bill for the last 6 months (for example, gas, electricity, water or rates bill)
    • Current Vehicle Registration 

Continuous residency in South Australia

  • International graduates of South Australia(link to International Graduate requirements and waivers page): You will need to provide evidence of continuous residency in South Australia post-course completion.
  • Long-term residents of South Australia(link to Currently Working in South Australia pages): You will need to provide evidence of continuous residency for the period required in South Australia (the last 5 or 7 years depending on the stream).

You can provide a combination of any of the following documents to demonstrate continuous residency in South Australia over that period:

  • Residing in South Australia documents 
  • Work experience documents 
  • Qualification documents 
  • Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) for courses 
  • Visa grant notices 

If you are seeking to claim additional points, you will require:

  • Community language
    • Upload a copy of the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) accreditation.
  • Professional Year 
    • Upload a copy of the Professional Year completion certificate from an Australian institution.
  • Partner Skills
    • Upload copies of the Skills Assessment and Competent English test for your partner. English test not required if they are from an exempt country.
  • Partner with Competent English
    • Upload a copy of the English test for your partner unless they are from an exempt country.
  • Partner is an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident
    Upload one of the following: 
    • the personal details page of your partner’s Australian passport
    • their Australian citizenship certificate
    • their Australian visa grant notice. 

Further information regarding this stream will be available from mid-October 2020.