The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) enables South Australian employers to nominate skilled migrants for a permanent visa from outside Australia or skilled temporary residents who live and work in South Australia to fill skill shortages in their business.
Step by step guides are available providing an overview of the application process and the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) advice process for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – Direct Entry visa, subclass 187.
For an employer to be eligible to nominate a position under the RSMS Direct Entry, they must meet all criteria set by Department of Home Affairs.
Department of Home Affairs criteria for employer’s submitting a nomination application for RSMS Direct Entry includes (but is not limited to):
- Be operating an active and lawful business in regional Australia.
- Have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position.
- Offer a genuine, skilled position in the applicant's field of expertise; that is full-time and ongoing for at least two (2) years. The two (2) years of employment is calculated from the date of Department of Home Affairs grant of the RSMS permanent residence visa to the nominee (employee).
- Offer no less than a market rate salary and employment terms and conditions in accordance with those provided to Australian citizens and permanent residents in a similar position.
- Comply with all relevant Australian immigration and workplace relations laws.
- Nominate a skilled position. The position must be an occupation that is classified at Skill Level 1 to 3 in the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO).
Department of Home Affairs criteria for an employee applying for an RSMS Direct Entry visa includes (but is not limited to):
- Qualifications and skills relevant to the nominated occupation.
- A positive skills assessment (where required) if the employee's qualifications are obtained outside Australia. The skills assessment must be provided by the relevant assessing authority - see the Department of Home Affairs website for further information.
- Competent English in each band.
Please note: this is only a summary, the full criteria is available on the Department of Home Affairs website.