Employers can use the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) to attract skilled migrants.
The scheme helps employers fill vacancies where there is a shortage of local skilled workers. You can sponsor skilled migrants living overseas or temporary residents currently working in South Australia.
All of South Australia falls within the scope of the scheme, including Adelaide.
The role of an RCB is to provide advice to the Department of Home Affairs on RSMS Direct Entry stream employer nomination applications. Immigration SA is the RCB for all South Australian employer RSMS nominations under the direct entry stream. See the RCB application process page for more information.
Employer nominations must be considered by an RCB located in the same state where the nominated position exists. RCB’s must provide their assessment within three (3) months of receipt of a complete application for RCB advice. Our processing times are typically much shorter than this.
- A broader occupation list
- No fee is charged for the Department of Home Affairs employer nomination application
- Priority processing by Department of Home Affairs
A step-by-step guide to the RCB advice process
- First check that you meet: Department of Home Affairs Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) nomination criteria
- Regional Certifying Body (RCB) criteria
- Submit an RCB advice application to Immigration SA
- Lodge a nomination application with Department of Home Affairs
- It is your decision whether you apply for RCB advice before or after lodging an employer nomination application with Department of Home Affairs. When you lodge an employer nomination, it is a Department of Home Affairs requirement that the RCB advice must have been issued within the last three (3) months.
- Lodge a visa application with Department of Home Affairs
- If Department of Home Affairs approves the employer nomination, the employee will then need to lodge a visa application with Department of Home Affairs using the e-lodgement facility
- For more information, see Department of Home Affairs Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187).
In this section
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Direct Entry) - subclass 187
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) enables South Australian employers to nominate skilled migrants for a permanent visa.
Finding Skilled Workers Currently in Australia
The ideal candidate may already be in Australia on a temporary, provisional or permanent visa.