Local businesses have two options available to them depending on their business situation and requirements. Please see below for a list of visa options available and to find out more about the specific requirements and application processes.
This is a provisional visa that enables South Australian businesses to sponsor skilled migrants for positions they are unable to fill locally.
For an employer to be eligible to nominate a position under this visa, they must meet all criteria set by Department of Home Affairs, but is suitable for local South Australian businesses in instances where:
- The business has a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position
- The business has undertaken labour market testing and has been unable to fill the position locally
- The position is full-time, skilled and likely to last for at least five years.
For a full list of criteria, please see the Department of Home Affairs website.
This is an employer sponsored visa that enables South Australian businesses to nominate skilled migrants for employment if they meet the criteria of South Australia’s Designated Area Migration Agreements (DAMA).
In order to enter into a DAMA Labour Agreement with the Australian Government, South Australian employers are required to be endorsed by the Designated Area Representative (DAR) this is the South Australian Department of Innovation and Skills.
Applications for this visa must be made by South Australian businesses who have been endorsed by South Australia and who have entered into a Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA) Labour Agreement with the Commonwealth Government.This visa is South Australian Businesses that:
- Have identified a skills or labour shortage that they cannot fill locally
- The position occupation must be available on the Designated Area Migration Agreement Occupation List
- The position must be full-time, and duties must align with the nominated occupation
- The business can fulfil all South Australian DAMA endorsement requirements.
For full details on employer eligibility criteria, please see Endorsement Requirements.