Please note: All applications for Recognition of Overseas Qualifications must include the following documents. Assessments will commence once all the necessary documents have been submitted. 

1. Proof of identity, provide one of the following: 

  • Current Passport (photo and signature page)  
  • Australian Driver’s licence
  • Australian Birth Certificate
  • Australian Citizenship Certificate 

2. Residency Status, provide one of the following: (Not required for Australian Citizens) 

  • Visa approval letter  
  • Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) printout  

3. Evidence of South Australian residency, provide one of the following: 

  • A document including your name and South Australian residential address, for example: phone bill, utility bill, bank statement or letter from your employer confirming you are residing or working in South Australia. 

4. For each overseas qualification assessment you have applied for you must provide:

All documents from this section must be certified:  

  • Degree, Diploma or qualification certificate
  • Academic transcripts outlining all your subjects (student book or mark sheets) for every year of study
  • If you are applying for an assessment of a post graduate qualification (e.g. Masters or Graduate Diploma) you must also provide the documents for your undergraduate qualifications
  • If you are applying for assessment of a technical/vocational qualification you must provide evidence of your schooling
  • Proof of name change – e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll certificate.

Preparing your documents: 

All supporting documents must be:

  • All supporting documents from section 1 - 3 must be high quality canned colour copies of the originals 
  • Qualification supporting documents from section 4 MUST be certified copies of the original document
  • The certification must be original and meet the Certifying Person identification.
  • Qualification Documents MUST be certified copies* of the original document. The Certifying Person must write on every page of the copy:
    • “This is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me” 
    • Sign and print their name 
    • Provide a contact telephone number  
    • State their profession or occupation group
    • Write on the copy the date certified.
      * For more information on certification of documents see Guidelines for the certification of documents 
  • Written in English. Where the originals are not in English they must come with translations from approved translators. Translations undertaken in Australia must be by an accredited National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) translator. For a list of accredited translators visit the NAATI website.
  • All documents must be in English or be accompanied with English translations. In Australia English translations, must be by an accredited translator registered with National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) (
  • A translator outside Australia does not need to be NAATI accredited, but they must endorse the translation with their full name, address, telephone number, and details of their qualifications and experience in the language being translated. 
  • You may be eligible to have your documents translated into English at no cost through the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP). Check your eligibility by visiting

Submitting your documents:

  • Documents must be of a high quality and in a clear and readable format and grouped as follows:
    • Personal Details
    • Residency Status (if a visa holder)
    • Evidence of South Australian residency
    • Overseas Qualifications
      • Award
      • Transcripts
      • English translations (if applicable)
      • Proof of name change
  • Poorly prepared documents will affect your application processing times or may deem your application invalid.