Immigration SA recognises high performing international graduates from South Australian public universities.
Immigration SA is making it easier for talented international graduates of South Australian public universities (in the last two years) to qualify for state nomination through the "high performing graduate" category.
Benefits of the ‘high performing graduate’ category include:
- access to a more extensive list of occupations on either the State Nominated Occupation List or the Supplementary Skilled List.
- waivers to Immigration SA’s work experience and English language requirements.
You will still need to meet the English and work experience required for your skills assessment and registration (if your occupation requires registration).
To qualify as a high performing graduate, you will need to continue to reside in South Australia post graduation and have completed one of the following qualifications at a South Australian public university (in the last two years) with the required Grade Point Average (GPA) listed below:
- PhD or Masters by Research.
- GPA of 6.0 or above in a Masters by Coursework degree (following completion of a Bachelor degree* in South Australia).
- First Class Honours in a dedicated Honours year (following completion of a Bachelor degree* in South Australia).
- GPA of 6.0 or above in a Bachelor degree*.
You can apply for state nomination for either a 491 or 190 visa (note: some occupations are restricted to a 491 only, see the occupation lists).
An alternative 491 provisional visa only pathway is available to graduates achieving 5.2 to 5.99 GPA in their South Australian bachelor’s degree or a GPA in this same range in a masters by coursework degree in South Australia following completion of a prior bachelor’s degree in South Australia.
Your GPA is listed on your academic transcript. The three South Australian public universities are: Flinders University, University of Adelaide and University of South Australia.
Your South Australian qualification must be in the same field as your nominated occupation.
*Your Bachelor degree in South Australia must be CRICOS registered for a minimum of 92 weeks.
- High performing graduates from private universities or higher education providers in South Australia will be considered on a case by case basis (as not all private higher education providers use the same grading system). To enquire whether you are eligible to apply, please email your academic transcript to: email@example.com.
- Quotas apply to the high performing graduate category. Once this quota is reached, applications under this category may be closed or certain occupations may be unavailable for nomination.