Chain migration is a state nomination pathway providing access to a broader list of occupations. This pathway is for skilled workers who meet all skilled nomination requirements and have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia.
- Chain migration allows you to apply for occupations listed as ‘Special conditions apply’ on the State Occupation List or occupations listed on the Supplementary Skilled List.
- You must have a bachelor degree or higher qualification. The qualification completed must be included and recognised on your skills assessment. Australian or overseas qualifications are acceptable.
- Your immediate family member in South Australia must meet all requirements listed below:
- Your family member residing in South Australia must be your grandfather, grandmother, father, mother, brother or sister. You can still apply if it’s your step or adoptive parent / sibling.
- Your family member must be over 18 years of age.
- Your family member in South Australia must be either an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen.
- Your family member must be currently residing in South Australia and have resided in South Australia for the last twelve months.
- Your family member in South Australia is required to complete a statutory declaration to confirm that they meet the all chain migration requirements
- Quotas apply to nominations under the chain migration category. Once this quota is reached, applications under this category may be closed or further requirements may apply.