What are the benefits?
The benefits of state nomination are:
- Priority visa processing with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
- You’ll receive 5 points for a 190 - Skilled Nominated visa towards the DIBP points test.
- You’ll receive 10 points for a 489- Skilled Regional Provisional visa towards the DIBP points test.
- Access to a more extensive occupation list.
- An opportunity to live and work in a city ranked the 5th most liveable in the world.
- Information and services from the State Government to help you settle in South Australia and find employment.
What is state nomination?
State nomination helps you to obtain a skilled migration visa from the Australian Government. The South Australian State Government nominates skilled migrants who are willing to live and work in South Australia and who have the skills and experience required by the state.
There is an additional occupation list called the Supplementary Skilled List that you can access if you meet additional requirements.