25 Nov 2014 Skilled migrants
Immigration SA will now be accepting the following additional English language tests for General Skilled Migration (GSM) state nominations:
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
- Test of English as a foreign language, internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
- These are in addition to the International English Language Test System (IELTS) and Occupational English Test (OET) for Health Professionals, already accepted by Immigration SA.
These changes have been made in line with the tests now accepted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for GSM visas.
We’ve also made changes to the website and GSM application form for the English requirement. These include:
- The Immigration SA English requirement for each occupation will now be listed on the State Nominated Occupation Lists as: Competent, Competent Plus or Proficient.
- Details of the minimum scores required for each English test are now available online.
- Citizens and passport holders of the United Kingdom, Ireland, United States, Canada or New Zealand are not required to provide an English language test result.