19 Feb 2016
Immigration SA is making it easier for talented international graduates of South Australian public universities to qualify for state nomination through the "high performing graduate" category.
Immigration SA offers state nomination to international graduates of South Australia who meet state and federal government requirements for a 190 or 489 General Skilled Migration visa.
Benefits of the ‘high performing graduate’ category include:
- Access to a more extensive list of occupations on either the State Occupation List or the Supplementary Skilled List.
- Waivers to Immigration SA’s work experience and English language requirements.
You will still need to meet the English and work experience required for your skills assessment and registration (if your occupation requires registration).
High Performing Graduate
To qualify as a high performing graduate, you will need to be currently residing in South Australia and have completed one of the following qualifications from a South Australian public university (in the last two years) with the required Grade Point Average (GPA) listed below:
- PhD or Masters by Research.
- GPA of 6.0 or above in a Masters by Coursework degree (following completion of a Bachelor degree in South Australia).
- First Class Honours in a dedicated Honours year (following completion of a Bachelor degree in South Australia).
- PA of 6.0 or above in a Bachelor degree.
If you are a high performing graduate from a private university or higher education provider in South Australia, view our website for further information.