Please note: All registrations must include the ‘General Registration Documents’ and you must submit the documents relevant to the service you are requesting.
Section A. Mandatory
General Registration Documents:
1. Proof of identity, provide one of the following:
- Current Passport (photo and signature page)
- Certificate of Identity issued by the Australian Government
- Australian Driver’s licence
2. Residency Status, provide one of the following: (Not required for Australian Citizens)
- Visa approval letter
- Visa label in passport
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) printout
3. Evidence of South Australian residency, provide one of the following:
- A document including your name and South Australian residential address, for example: phone bill, utility bill, bank statement or letter from your employer confirming you are residing or working in South Australia.
4. Consent to Disclosure of Personal Information:
- Complete and sign the Consent to Disclosure of Personal Information Form.
Employment Support Services
5. Australian Skills Assessment – example: pre-migration assessment or professional body skills or education assessment and/or
Overseas Qualification Assessment: All documents must be certified
7. For each overseas qualification assessment you have applied for you must provide:
- Degree, Diploma or qualification certificate
- Academic transcripts outlining all your subjects (student book or mark sheets) for every year of study
- If you are applying for an assessment of a post graduate qualification (e.g. Masters or Graduate Diploma) you must also provide the documents for your undergraduate qualifications
- If you are applying for assessment of a technical/vocational qualification you must provide evidence of your schooling
- Proof of name change – e.g. marriage certificate, deed poll certificate.
Preparing your documents:
All supporting documents must be:
- Scanned copies of the original documents provided as separate PDF attachments
- Be of a high quality and in a clear and readable format
- Section C documents must be certified copies* of the original document. The Certifying Person must write on every page of the copy:
- “This is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me”
- Sign and print their name
- Provide a contact telephone number
- State their profession or occupation group
- Write on the copy the date certified.
* For more information on certification of documents see Guidelines for the certification of documents
- Written in English. Where the originals are not in English they must come with translations from approved translators. Translations undertaken in Australia must be by an accredited National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) translator. For a list of accredited translators visit the NAATI website.
You may be eligible to have your documents translated into English at no cost through the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP).
Submitting your documents:
- Create an email with a subject line – ‘Registration for Services for Skilled Migrants Documents’
- Ensure you have attached all required documents outlined in Sections A, B and C of this checklist
- Ensure your email with attachments does not exceed the 8 megabytes maximum size limit. If you need to send multiple emails to ensure you are below the maximum file size limit, number your emails in the subject line e.g. ‘Registration for Services for Skilled Migrants Documents’ 1 of 3
- Send your email to SMS@sa.gov.au
Specialist Migrant Services, Immigration SA
Phone: +61 8 8303 2450
The provision of false information in support of any application to Immigration SA Specialist Migrant Services may result in refusal of services. Providing false information is a serious criminal offence under laws of this State and the Commonwealth.