Assistance and support to newly arrived skilled migrants seeking to work in their area of skill.
We offer assistance to help you:
- understand and search the South Australian job market
- learn techniques to improve your job applications, resumes and cover letters
- develop your networking and research skills for your occupation and industry
- understand Australian workplace culture
- prepare for job interviews
- identify additional training that may skill you for work
- identify other agencies and services that may assist you.
After your registration for employment support is complete we will contact you with options to support your job search.
If you need assistance with your English proficiency for employment you can access a program through TAFE.
Should your partner require basic English training, please call the number listed below to determine eligibility and identify the most suitable course.
Start preparing yourself for work using our Job Ready Starter Pack.
Who is eligible for employment support?
You must live or work in South Australia and:
- have full work rights in Australia
- have been living in South Australia for less than two years or have been granted a state nominated visa in the last two years
- be unemployed, underemployed or not working in your area of skill
- have recent employment history in skilled work
Recognition of Overseas Qualification
We can help you to get your overseas qualifications recognised to work in your area of expertise in South Australia. Find out more about the process for Recognition of overseas qualifications
Contact Specialist Migrant Services
phone: +61 (8) 8303 2450