Essential services provided to newly arrived skilled migrants seeking to work in their area of skill.
Skilled Arrival Services are designed to help State nominated migrants, including their skilled partners, in job seeking success by providing the strategies you need to compete more effectively in the South Australian job market.
Our free services include information, resource guides, and a series of workshops and seminars that will develop your job search skills and increase your job opportunities.
All State nominated migrants including skilled partners should access our range of services within the first three months of arrival.
When you were offered State nomination you agreed to commit to live and work in South Australia for two years from your date of arrival.
What you need to do
1. PREPARE - now that you have been granted your skilled visa Prepare for your move to South Australia.
Find out information about our settlement partners here:
2. RESEARCH- Start your job search before you leave home
Gather as much information about your occupation, industry and job market
Read the Job Essentials for Migrants Information Pack. This information will assist with your orientation.
3. CHECK IN - now that you have arrived in South Australia
4. MAKE A START - Prepare for the local job market
Job seeking for new arrivals can be challenging. Immigration SA offers skilled arrivals orientation to job search and strategies on how to effectively compete in the South Australian job market.
You will find more information in the Job Essentials for Migrants Information Pack.
- short practical workshops,
- group coaching,
- spotlight sessions targeting on-trend topics,
- access to information, resources and referrals,
- skills recognition pathways, including recognition of your overseas qualifications for employment purposes.
5. PARTICIPATE - Attend our FREE practical workshops and seminars
Job Essentials for Migrants Workshop
Optimise your job search by utilising effective strategies to help you succeed in the South Australian job market.
In this Workshop, you will learn how to customise your Action Plan that relates to your profession or trade. Workshops are held every two weeks.
When you register with Skilled Arrival Services you will be contacted by our office and booked into the next available workshop.
Attendance at this workshop is a pre-requisite to attend other workshops.
Ideal Job Interviews Workshop
You will learn how to elevate your interview performance, understand what local employers look for in interviews and practice some of the key interview questions.
This workshop builds on from the Job Essential for Migrants Workshop.
If you require further assistance you can book into a Group Session whereby you can interact with other skilled migrants to build and share your job search knowledge, techniques, practices, networks and connections.
Recognition of Overseas Qualifications
If you have an overseas gained qualification, having it recognised in Australia can improve your employment prospects. Do you want to know how to obtain an assessment of your overseas qualifications? Find out more here.
Check your eligibility
To be eligible for Skilled Arrival Services you MUST live or work in South Australia and:
- have full work rights in Australia and
- have been living in South Australia for less than two years or have been granted a state nominated visa in the last two years, and
- be unemployed, underemployed or not working in your area of skill, and
- have recent employment history in skilled work.
Contact Skilled Arrival Services
phone: +61 (8) 8303 2450