South Australia offers job opportunities in the private and public sectors at all levels of expertise and across a range of industries.
- For tips on where to find employment, along with occupation profiles visit where to look for a job. For example, you can search for Information and communication technology (ICT) jobs
- General information about working in South Australia
- Information on South Australia’s economy and labour market
- For information about having your skills recognised to work in South Australia (for occupation registration or licensing).
Skilled employment opportunities are available in many industry sectors including resources, health services, ICT, engineering, management and trades.
- You can find job listings in the Career section of the Saturday edition of Adelaide's major newspaper, The Advertiser. Executive jobs are also advertised in Saturday's edition of the national newspaper, The Australian.
- Bioscience is a rapidly developing new industry, with 50 new companies expected to set up in the state in the next decade.
- South Australia's information and communications technologies (ICT) industries base is one of the fastest growing in Australia. It offers world-class capability in design, development and manufacture.
- South Australia is home to more than 300 export-oriented health companies marketing products and services to more than 100 countries worldwide.
- Adelaide is the Asia Pacific base for a growing number of back office, shared service, contact centre, data centre, help desk and administration and processing operations of major global companies.
- The automotive and food industries, including wine, have led the state's export growth over the past decade. Manufacturing continues as an important sector of the state economy.